The Huntsman: Winter's War Premiere in Singapore

So if you haven't heard, Singapore played host to the regional Asian premiere of the much anticipated movie; The Huntsman: Winter's War directed by the amazing director of Maleficent and starring A-list actresses Charlize Theron alongside Emily Blunt and Jessica Chastain and hollywood hunk Chris Hemsworth. This prestigious event drew crowds from all over our neighbourhood countries with media and fans flying in from Thailand, Philippines, Taiwan and I even witnessed the presence of E news host. I was lucky enough to be blessed with a pair of premiere movies passes and the privilege of being in the 'fanzone' for the red carpet all thanks to Mediacorp Toggle SG. Do pop by their website and stay tuned to their programs for all the latest hip happenings in our tiny red dot. Once again, from the bottom of my heart, a huge thank you for making my dream come true.

Braving the thunderstorm brewing in the west side, I made my way towards the famous island off Singapore at Sentosa and particularly Universal Studios Singapore at Resort's World Sentosa for the premiere! Arriving early at my destination, the collection of passes went smoothly BUT while waiting at the corner as told to, the usher did NOT pick everyone up in the first batch and I was left behind. Thank god a staff noticed my tag and told me to go on in and when me and my mum entered the fanzone, we were only left with one tiny spot left at the corner against the barricade. I am extremely short so I reckoned that corner was a better option than standing behind someone in the second row along the main red carpet stretch. The special spot proved itself to be lucky apart from the rude girls standing beside me who couldn't stop shoving me before, during and after the cast arrived,  using their height to press on poor lil old me. We were lucky enough that the other ladies around us were kind and nice so I felt safe with them surrounding my mum and let's just say karma bit them in the ass.

The two-hour wait was grueling (mostly because of the rude girls) but I kept assuring myself that it would all be worth it because I was about to see the biggest Hollywood stars in the flesh and that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. When Jamie Yeo announced the arrival of director Cedric Nicolas-Troyan, I could feel my adrenaline pumping because it had finally began! However the excitement died after some 10minutes when I realized I wasn't going to get a glimpse of the man anytime soon due to my spot along the red carpet and the approximate location he was at judging by the crew's position. BUT I consoled myself and reckoned that that only meant that he was spending a long time with the fans! More autographs and selfies!

Soon enough, I was rewarded with a glimpse of his shiny bald head when I saw the media opposite me snapping away rapidly. I was actually getting worried because they were stealing all his attention and commanding photo opportunities; I was so afraid the people at our tiny corner were going to get missed out. Thankfully, he sprang back to action towards the fans right at my area. He wiped his sweat, took a gulp of water and went, "alright let's go!" I was rather upset when the rude girls next to me ignored him when he was already ready with the pen in his hand. I quickly yelled his name and stuck the poster out for him to sign to which he graciously did before asking him for a selfie. And OMG I was shaking so badly! I said it out loud and he went, "no, don't shake!" Gosh he's soooo nice!




Jessica Chastain had been the next name to be announced after Cedric, followed by Chris Hemsworth and finally Charlize Theron. So I was a tad bit surprised to see the beautiful short blond hair of Charlize on the other side of the red carpet when I turned around. She was soooo tall and slim and when she turned around I was in awe of her beauty; she literally is a walking barbie doll. When she came over, the crowd became a mess and I was lucky enough to get an autograph from her after which she turned to the other side of fans for a single selfie and more autographs. I thought that was the end of my interaction with her but NO! She turned around and this happened:



Look at how my beautiful queen saved me! She freaking bent down, placed her arms around me with her soft and delicate fingers gracing my shoulder as she pressed that face of perfection against my own! I am completely and utterly in love with her.



Next up; the highlight of the evening for all the hundreds of fangirls; hottie Chris Hemsworth!!!

Thank god I had recovered from my meeting with Charlize when he arrived. Thing about this hunk, he likes to take your handphone/camera and take a wefie so he gets as many fans as he can in one picture. Good and bad. Good in that more people will get to be in pictures with him....bad because you won't get that upclose and personal touch as per me and my queen above. Super bad for me in particular because this was the moment when my nightmare (which turned into 'dream') came true.

Choosing to take a break at the ever popular spot to wipe his sweat, Chris then proceeded to take the handphone of the girl at the corner for a wefie before turning around and signing my book. He then decided to take another phone for a photo and despite having the shortest arm amidst the evil elbowers; MY phone was chosen! BUT that was when there was a 180degree turn in event; I was attacked so badly by the people around me that I was practically shoved out of my OWN photo! Chris then turned to return the phone and I did not take it because I wanted him to take another one with me in it. He was confused and was like "isn't this your phone? Whose phone is it?" (In his extremely deep husky and sexy voice) I then replied "This is my phone but I'm not in the photo..." and muttered words of 'short' 'attacked' and 'squashed'. I thought I noticed a look of displeasure on Chris's face but he took the photo anyway and this time angling the camera lower so that I was captured! I guess that means he has to remember my face and spot it on screen aye ;-) And then he returned my phone with a SMILE and said "now you are in" I LEGIT DIED. CHRIS HEMSWORTH. TAKING MY PHONE. TAKING A WEFIE. AND SMILING AT ME.

(Yes I hate the people around me imma just remove all of em)



I swear my soul left my body by then and I did not even realize that Jessica was standing right beside me until my mum nudged me. She was simply adorable; truly a down-to-earth person and she was the sweetest. When I asked her to sign my book, she even asked me if she should sign on the blank page or the picture to which I replied either is fine. I then took this lovely selfie with her!



That marks the end of my red carpet experience. We managed to get some time in between to consume our snacks and cool down before being ushered by the USS staff to the toilet for a toilet break before being led into the theater for the screening.

The casts appeared on stage prior to the movie to talk about it and they were adorable! From Charlize being amazed a the number of handphones we have to Chris saying that Charlize was naturally evil etc. I managed a lot of good photos with my digicam.

Quoting Chris; "take out your handphones, record the movie and upload it on youtube"











They then bid us goodbye and left us to enjoy the premiere.

Now here goes my MOVIE review; warning spoilers ahead if you haven't watched it

I'm going to start by dropping a bomb; they call this a prequel; story before Snow White etc...they lied. There is like maybe half an hour of prequel before it goes straight to the time AFTER Queen Ravenna was killed.

The opening was nice and sexy with the two leading actresses putting up a very strong show. The characters were portrayed perfectly; my queen was amazingly evil and it was rather intense indeed. Following which the focus shifts over to the blossoming love story between Chris and Jessica and the rest of the huntsmen. Shout out to Sope Dirisu for his impressive acting.

I'm going to skip past the details and just throw in a few snippets: the 'not very shocking' twist when Jessica 'came back' down to her 'betrayal' and 'change of heart'; very typical love story but they were hot. The dwarfs were adorably hilarious and the goblins were a tad bit scary; the guy next to be jerked in his seat haha.

Definitely defined as an action-packed movie with an everlasting emotional love story and extra credit to the depth brought out by my queen Charlize Theron and Emily Blunt. Definitely a show to catch whether or not you enjoyed the first movie.

Next up; #TeamCap

Phoebe Feehily signing off now ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Super Junior's 6th Anniversary

KOREA 2014: DAY 7 ~ SEOUL: Anguk, M-Countdown, Myeongdong

Short Impulse Trip to BKK